The Year One Shiatsu Shin Tai Training forms the first year of the Shiatsu Diploma Practitioner training at the British School of Shiatsu-Do. It is a certificated and insurable course, leaving you able to practise professionally after passing the assessment.
Shin Tai is a highly effective healing bodywork developed by Saul Goodman. It expands on traditional Shiatsu, emphasising the flow of the Governing Vessel and Conception Vessel – the primary meridians from which the classical meridians develop.
This therapeutic bodywork helps clear your system of stress and compression, and naturally stimulates the flow of energy.
The training is recognised as a Certificated Training with the Shiatsu Society and upon successful completion, students can practise professionally, obtaining insurance through Balens Ltd.
You can come and sample a Shiatsu Shin Tai treatment with one of our experienced practitioners at the British School of Shiatsu-Do. You can also attend the Practise Class on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month -at The London School of Capoeira where we practise the techniques and treatment process.
(191 hours tuition) 13 Weekends of Teaching Plus 1 Assessment weekend
Shin Tai course Part 1: Weekends 4-8
- Governing Vessel/Spine – protocols and treatment.
- Energetics of movement – Wave motion, theory and 3 phases of motion
- Exercises for health and vitality
- Five Elements experiential theory
- The muscular and skeletal systems
- Oriental Medicine: Body type theory
Shin Tai course Part 2: Weekends 9-13
- Conception Vessel/Hara – protocols and treatment from the Hara
- Assessing joint mobility
- Structural alignment of hips
- Five Elements Theory continued
- Muscular and skeletal systems continued
- Full treatment protocol
- Putting it all together with diagnosis
- End of course written and practical assessment
Topics that will be covered within the weekends throughout the year:
- Governing Vessel/Spine, Conception Vessel/Hara – Protocols and treatment.
- Wave motion – 3 phases. Sensing Ki. Treatment positions and posture, Aikido walking.
- Do-In and other exercises.
- Self development log.
- Do-In, Meridian, Proprioceptive and Chakra breathing exercises.
- Meditation, Chi Kung.
- Five Element Theory and it’s application for self-development
- Food recommendations.
- Wave Motion, 3 phases Theory Nervous system response
- Five Elements (Phases) Correspondences, Personality Types
- Shen and Ko Cycles, Colour Influences, Emotional Influences, Seasonal Foods and Cooking, Body types
- Anatomical terms and positions
- Overview of body organs
- Joints and articulations
- Introduction to the Nervous system
- Fascia and Meninges
Completion of 85% of all set home study, theory and practical assessment pass, 5 mandatory practise classes, case study and 100-recorded treatments are required to receive certification.
Regular attendance at Tuesday evening practise classes, and regular mentor contact is strongly recommended to support students as they progress through this course.
Following the final weekend, there will be a 2-day Assessment weekend . The fee for this is £175 and will be payable separately upon registration for the qualifying assessment. You may continue into the second year without passing the assessment, although you will need to have completed the 100 treatments and attended the practise classes.
Next course dates for 2017-18: Location Essex School, Colchester
|Year One Autumn 2017 – 2018|
|21/22 October 2017||11/12 November||2/3 December|
|13/14 January 2018||3/4 February||3/4 March||7/8 April|
|28/29 April||19/20 May||16/17 June||14/15 July|
|8/9 September||6/7 October||3/4 November assessment 2018|
The Assessment will take place on 3/4 November 2018
Course Fee: £2,250 in total.
Basics 1st 3 weekends, £450. £150 deposit, nonrefundable, non-transferable.
Continuation for Basics to Year 1 Shin Tai. No deposit if continuing from Basics. £1800 or 10 instalments of £185 per month (total £1850).
Year 1 Shin Tai: £2,250 including Basics,. £250 deposit, nonrefundable, non-transferable. 12 installments of £170 per month (total £2,040)
Introductory Offer: £100 reduction on Year 1 fees if paid in full before 1 October 2017
Assessment Fee: £175, certificated
For more information on Shiatsu ShinTai, visit Shin Tai International website